Escape rooms are a popular and exciting form of entertainment, but they can also be a little daunting for first-time players. To make sure you have the best possible experience, here are 7 things to know before playing an escape room game:
- Read the briefing: Before the game starts, the staff will usually give you a briefing that explains the rules and the story of the escape room. It’s important to pay attention to this briefing and ask any questions you might have.
- Follow the rules: Escape rooms have specific rules that you need to follow in order to complete the game. For example, you might not be allowed to move certain objects or touch certain items. Make sure you understand and follow the rules to avoid any penalties or setbacks.
- Work together: Escape rooms are designed to be solved as a team, so it’s important to communicate and cooperate with your fellow players. Discuss your observations and ideas, and listen to each other’s suggestions.
- Think outside the box: Escape rooms often require creative and lateral thinking to solve the puzzles and challenges. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box and try different approaches.
- Keep an eye on the time: Most escape rooms have a time limit, so it’s important to keep track of the time and make sure you’re making progress. If you’re stuck on a puzzle, don’t be afraid to ask for hints or advice from the staff.
- Have fun: Above all, the most important thing is to have fun! Escape rooms can be challenging and stressful, but they’re also meant to be enjoyable. Relax, have a good time, and enjoy the experience.
- Leave your belongings behind: Most escape rooms don’t allow you to bring any personal belongings into the game, so make sure you leave them in a safe place outside the room. This includes phones, bags, and any other items you might have with you.
With these 7 things in mind, you’ll be well-prepared for your first escape room game. Good luck, and have fun!
Want to see what games are on offer? Check out our Escape Room page